Behind every successful entrepreneur, there is a bad-ass tribe! What is a tribe you might ask? In the world of entrepreneurship, a tribe is considered to be a group of people who are connected to each other, a leader, or an idea. I too struggled with finding my tribe when I just started out as an entrepreneur and these 5 tips helped me by getting my head in the game: Chances are you are here to figure out what your niche is then it comes to no surprise that after that comes your target audience which will be for another article but for now let’s get into this one.
If you are thinking that everyone can be your target audience well then hunni you are going to fail. I know that’s a little harsh but we have to be serious especially when we are building a brand. Your brand will not stand a chance if you are not targeting the right group of people but in order to do that, you need to zone in on your niche.
1. Be Yourself: If there is one tip that you pay attention to today, let it be this one! What do I mean by “be yourself”? Well, I mean that you should do the things that you love to do. So, I’m reinforcing what I said at the beginning of this post: The only way to attract “your people” is to be yourself. If you are pretending to be someone that you’re not, you’re going to attract a tribe that has nothing in common with the real you.
2. Find Your Communities Online: When it comes to the things that you are passionate about, there’s a community for that! Whatever it is that you are interested in, I promise you that there’s an online community out there filled with like-minded folks just waiting to meet you.
3. Be Active, Engaging, and Supportive: Meeting new people is always a great way to build your brand and to also find your tribe. Just joining a community is not enough to make you a part of your tribe. The key to feeling love is all about actually engaging with your tribe! Introduce yourself with a sort of “hello, this is me” post and then get to engaging! “Like” some posts, comment on the things that interest you, provide your input where you can, and then enjoy the fun conversations that are sure to ensue!
4. Ditch Judgement: Whether you want to believe it or not, someone from your tribe might be standing right next to you at the bus stop, in your favorite makeup store or even in the grocery store, but if you label him/her as “other” because you don’t like her hairstyle or her fashion sense or what she puts in her shopping cart, you might walk right by the person who could have been your next BFF. Instead of judging someone, dare to smile and make eye contact. Look past the surface into the beauty and resonance of that person’s soul.
5. Call out to your Tribe: Don’t just sit around and wait for your people to find you. Put your desires out there on social media. Blog about your tribe, so people can tell if they long to be part of it. You’ll be surprised how easy it can be if you’re brave enough to speak your truth unapologetically, how many persons would love what you do. All in all, it’s really about trial and error. However, what’s important is that you are zoning in on what you are good at and have the skill-set to help your audience. adding value to your audience. Thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave a comment or ask any questions if you’re still not sure about finding the tribe that fits you…